The plantar fascia is a piece of strong and thick tissue that runs along the bottom of the foot. It connects the heel bone to the toes, creating the foot's arch.
Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the plantar fascia, either through overstretching, overuse or a medical condition.
It can be caused by:
- Playing sports that put stress on the heel bone, like running, dance and aerobics
- Flat-footed or high arches
- Being middle-aged or older
- Spending a lot of time on your feet
- Wearing shoes with poor arch support or stiff soles
How Can We Help
Plantar fasiitis can be extremely painful especially those first few steps in the morning or after sitting for a prolonged period of time.
At Northern Myotherapy our therapists may use a variety of techniques to help release the fascia and surrounding muscles whilst also providing some take home excercises to allow the patient to self treat.
Are you experiencing Foot Pain? We're here to help.