Neck pain is a common condition that will affect most people at some point in their lives. Many different things can cause neck pain, which is usually not the sign of a more serious condition.
The pain often spreads from the neck towards the shoulders or upper back, and it often causes headaches.
Common causes of neck pain include:
- Poor posture (the way your body is positioned when standing or sitting)
- Sleeping in an awkward position
- Injury such as muscle strain
- Prolonged use of a desktop or laptop
- Wear and tear in the bones of the neck, which is a normal part of ageing
How We Can Help
At NM, we find that releasing the right muscles in the neck, combined with some light stretching helps to relieve the pain in the short term. If necessary once the pain is manageable your therapist will put in place a program that will correct the underlying issue causing your neck pain.